- Online kurs (4)
- NORSK medlemskap (4)
- ENGLISH online courses (2)
- ENGLISH membership (2)
- Webinar recordings (31)
- Webinars English (3)
- Free webinars (4)
The Premack Principle
A webinar with with Kathy Sdao, December 1, 2022
The Premack Principle
To use positive reinforcement effectively, a trainer must thoroughly understand what reinforcement is and how it functions. Often, we oversimplify this by equating positive reinforcement with a piece of food. While food can work quickly & well in many situations, it’s useless when a learner is satiated, or too frightened or aroused to eat.
Trainers sometimes refer to a dog’s “life rewards”: those everyday pleasures such as the opportunity to go outside, to sniff a tree, or to greet an approaching dog. These can be used to reinforce desired behaviors. This approach is similar to the Premack Principle but doesn’t fully take advantage of his revolutionary insights. Premack said much more than, “If you eat your vegetables, you can have dessert.”
Emotions and challenging behaviour
A webinar with with Carolina Westlund Friman, December 14, 2022.
Challenging behaviour in animals can range from inconvenient to embarrassing to exasperating - to the people who have to live with them. To the animals involved, those behaviours are often not problematic at all, but rather a solution to a problem that they're experiencing - and our task is often to help the animal find another solution that's less annoying to us - or to remove the animal's problem altogether.
This webinar will provide a framework for how to approach behavioural challenges.
A webinar with with Lisa Lyle Waggoner, January 16, 2023
Do you want a dog who will come to you the first time—every time? That’s what you’ll get when you follow the easy, fun, and effective training steps in The Original Rocket Recall™.
In this interactive webinar you’ll learn:
- How to build fabulous focus and attention as a foundation for Rocket Recall™
- How the ABC’s of training the the Four Stages of Learning play into recall training
- The three phases of the Check-In Game, Name Game, and Chase Me Game—fun ways to build your dog’s attention and desire to come to youStrategies for recall success in highly challenging environments, even around other animals
- How to use the Premack Principle to strengthen your training
- Ways to avoid—and undo—the common mistakes that undermine a reliable recall
Whether you’re a dog owner, dog walker, pet sitter, or dog trainer, if you want a dog who will return to you with rocket-like speed the first time—every time—this webinar is for you!